If I don’t have access to any funds, can I obtain a partial property settlement?

Family Law 3/12/2013 by Anna Roberts

Parties can have a partial property settlement by agreement. This may be appropriate in circumstances where parties are in need of funds and are still in the process of negotiating a settlement or parties have applied to the Court and a final hearing is not for a considerable amount of time.

If one of the parties is not willing to agree to a partial property settlement, the other party can apply to the Court for an interim order. For example, if you need access to funds in a bank account for living, housing or legal costs. However, the Court will not make an order for a partial property settlement unless it is satisfied that it is appropriate in the circumstances.

Download Family Law Information Pack 

Book a Smart Start Appointment

Call now to speak with one of our Family Lawyers

1300 553 343