Amendments to the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 1999 (the Act) passed on 21 November 2018 will be commencing on 21 October 2019. The amendments will apply to all Construction Contracts entered into from 21 October 2019 with the existing regime to continue to apply to all previous contracts. The amendments bring […]
Get the edge over the other parties you are contracting with.
Our Building & Construction Law Team is headed by an Accredited Specialist in Commercial Litigation and author of our popular Security of Payment Guide.
Our Specialist Construction Lawyers will help you make better contracts, utilise Security of Payment laws, avoid foreseeable problems and resolve disputes cost effectively.
With most building disputes it is important to seek advice from an experienced Building & Construction Lawyer as soon as it appears likely that a dispute will arise.
We regularly advise clients and act in relation to Building Disputes including:
- Adjudication Applications under the Security of Payment laws,
- Enforcing statutory rights to payment of Payment Claims,
- Breach of Contract claims,
- Defective workmanship and breach of statutory warranties,
- Delay and liquidated damages claims,
- Disputes in relation to Residential Building Contracts, and
- Recovery of unpaid Progress Claims and Retention Sums.
Please note strict time stipulations are often contained in building contracts or apply where the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act applies to the work.
The absence of a proper or complying building contract for Builders and Subcontractors can have serious adverse consequences on their ability to recover payment for works performed or costs associated with enforcing their rights.
We help clients understand and make effective Construction Contracts whatever the value of the project. For advice about a Construction Contract that you have been provided by another party call and speak to one of our Building & Construction Lawyers.
With our TradeSafe Contract solutions we make it easy for Subcontractors to implement standard form Quotations and effective Terms & Conditions of Trade. Our TradeSafe Contract solutions come with our Satisfaction Guarantee and will enable your business to:
- Obtain security for payment of Progress Claims,
- Avoid or reduce costs associated with disputes in connection with ambiguous or oral agreements,
- Limit liability,
- Recover legal costs associated with enforcement action, and
- Enable your business to more easily serve valid Payment Claims under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act.
Roberts Legal is well established amongst the top Building Dispute Lawyers Newcastle has to offer, servicing clients across the Newcastle, Hunter and Central Coast regions as wells as Sydney and broader NSW.
If you have a construction dispute and need legal assistance or would simply like the opinion of a specialist Building & Construction Lawyer in relation to your matter, call 1300 553 343 now for a free case evaluation.
Call now to speak to a Building & Construction Lawyer
Security of Payment Guide
Don’t get caught out or miss the opportunity to use the Security of Payment Laws when you need them most. Strict time limits apply!
Enter your details below and we will email you our ‘Security of Payment Guide‘.