‘The Hard Choices’ Webinar – 14 April 2020Business & Company
If you missed our recent ‘Hard Choices’ Webinar please find a link to the presentation below.
The Webinar provides a summary and analysis of the JobKeeper program with clear and succinct guidance on what this legislation means for businesses and how the program will operate.
Catastrophic times call for unheard of and heart breaking responses in relation to our workforces. How can we as businesses legally downsize, manage and suspend our labour force without further legal risk? Our industrial and labour legislation doesn’t envisage such challenges to the extent that we are now experiencing so we need to tread carefully and act swiftly.
In this Webinar, our Employment Law expert, Jeremy Kennedy, discusses the options that Australian employers have to manage their employees within the confines of our system, with some practical and strategic choices and measures that businesses can take to assist in these difficult times.
How can we help?
Our expert Employment Law team can assist Employers with:
- Drafting and enforcing Employment Contracts including post-employment restraint and confidentiality clauses,
- Fair Work Act advice,
- National Employment Standards,
- Award Interpretation and application,
- Termination of Employment,
- Unfair Dismissal claims under the Fair Work Act,
- Small Business Fair Dismissal Code, and
- Sale of business and transferring employee issues.